A brief post, but it says a lot.
Tony Abbott has been Prime Minister for less than a week. In that time we have seen:
- The sacking of the two department heads who were the driving forces behind initiatives to address climate change.
- The scrapping of the Climate Commission, which had been established to provide public information on the effects of and potential solutions to global warming.
- The Climate Change Authority responsible for investment in renewable energy abolished.
- Six of the seven Board members of the NBN hand in their resignation.
- A blackout on the arrival of asylum seekers arriving by boat.
- And to top off what has already been a horror week, Andrew Bolt has called for journalists who support climate change to be sacked.
What the hell is happening? What the hell are we in for over the next three years?