It’s unlikely that anyone has picked up a newspaper, hopped on the internet or turned on the TV and not heard about the informants some media ninja has plucked out of nowhere to toss Julia Gillard’s prime ministership into the bins of history over the AWU ‘scandal’.
The media has been in a frenzy over the last couple of days demanding a statement from the Prime Minister and one media legend, Steve Lewis, has provided his dear readers on news.com a list of the matters that they will need to know, in order of course, to form an opinion that is even more detrimental to Ms Gillard than the one they’ve already orchestrated.
The headline to Master Lewis’s article appeared strategically placed on the front page of news.com today.
He needn’t have bothered as it looks like no one cares about the story apart from the media themselves. On news.com’s front page they also have a list of their ten most read stories of the day and apparently their zillions of readers aren’t much interested in what Ms Gillard did 17 years ago or what Mr Lewis says as the story sits at number 10. As a story in pales in comparison to stories that are a bit more refreshing and crappy than the stale rubbish they want to ram down our throats. Enjoy the list.
- The house in the middle of the highway
- Schoolies tragedy victim a popular teen
- The 12 biggest failures of 2012
- Mad and maxed – a Falcon hell for hoons
- 007 as you’ve never seen him before
- Corrupt cop’s love for bad men
- Author Bryce Courtenay dead at 79
- Bad gifts – thanks, you shouldn’t have
- Cops question pair over mob bus tirade
- The AWU scandal: Why it matters
Indeed, corrupt cops and hoon cars are much more refreshing. Well at least as news stories people are reading them.
BTW, it’s a nice car.